How to care for your beaded jewelry
1. As with most other types of jewelry, beaded pieces should be stored
out of direct sunlight in separate bags or drawstring pouches to avoid
2. Do not get them wet! Water gets trapped inside the tiny seed
beads and can eventually weaken or rot the threads holding the piece together.
Rule: no swimming, bathing, washing dishes, etc. with
the jewelry on.
3. Cleaning - if at all necessary - should be done using a soft
polishing cloth only.
4. Chemicals present in cosmetics, hair sprays and lotions are potentially
harmful to jewelry and stringing materials. Therefore, you should put
your jewelry on only after applying these products.
5. Treat your beaded jewelry like the delicate thing it is. Avoid
unnecessary stretching and pulling, and do not wear your jewelry to bed.
If you heed these few simple rules, you should be able to enjoy your jewelry for many years.